Linwood Custom Homes Named Finalist in Six National Award Categories
The Bryson Bay, now a Linwood stock house plan, started as a Whole House Renovation and is a SAM Award Finalist.
The Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA) has selected Linwood Custom Homes as a Finalist in no less than six categories for the 2010 CHBA National SAM Awards – presented by Schlage and Trane.
The CHBA National SAM Awards celebrate excellence in new homes and renovation design, innovative technology and construction techniques, outstanding presentation, and marketing activities across Canada.
Being a Finalist in the 2010 CHBA National SAM Awards is an honour and a mark of distinction. It means that a company’s project has been deemed to be among the best in the country.
Finalists are shortlisted in 23 award categories using detailed judging criteria. The winner in each category will be announced at the Association’s 68th National Conference on February 27, 2011 in Banff, Alberta. CHBA President Victor Fiume says, “Each year, the bar seems to get raised a little higher. The quality, the sheer excellence of the projects chosen as this year’s finalists is nothing short of inspirational.”
Linwood Custom Homes was named Finalist in the following categories:
- Best Single Detached Home Under 1,500 Sq. Ft., Production Home –
“The Birchview” – view house plan
- Best Single Detached Home Between 1,500 – 2,200 Sq. Ft., Production Home –
“The Glenorchard” – view house plan
- Best Single Detached Home Over 2,200 Sq. Ft., Production Home – “The Anchorage” – view house plan (with A.E. McKay Builders, Quispamsis, NB)
- Best Whole House Renovation – $500,000 or more – “The Bryson Bay ” – view house plan
- Best Kitchen Home Renovation
- Best Renovation, Any Room
Craig McFarlane, Linwood Vice-President of Retail Sales
Says Craig McFarlane, Linwood Vice-President of Retail Sales, who submitted the Linwood entries, “We are very proud to be a Finalist in six categories this year. We have an incredibly talented team of designers, support people, sales staff, dealers, and Linwood Independent Builders – all true professionals, who put the customer first.”
Adds Linwood President Bill Mascott, “Being a Finalist in so many categories is incredible news. It underscores the fact that Linwood is an exceptional solution provider in the industry.”
In recent years, Linwood Custom Homes has received more than 30 Home Builder Association awards at the regional and national levels. Recognized worldwide for supplying unique cedar and timber-crafted homes built using post and beam construction methods, Linwood homes are designed to meet the needs of each homeowner, then constructed on site using the very best home package materials.
– what customers say about their Linwood Home Packages.
– a look at what is included in a Linwood Custom Home package.
– choose from hundreds of home designs, including these award finalists for your Linwood Home Package.